Friday 8 March 2013

Broken China


Close your eyes, but it won’t go away
The words in the air, dark and thick like stains
I see you guessing, trying to mend your lies
Behind us both, doors slam on better times

Our empty promises won’t fill a broken cup
Yet we both pour in vain to reach the top
We claw the walls, searching for a grip
Don’t hold your tongue if the words seem to fit

From a distance, everything looks beautiful
Until up close, you see the bruises and the scars
You see the cover, the façade, the shimmering shell
And the first glimpse of the pallid worm writhing within

Yea, though I believe in light and I believe in hope
And though I try to avoid pain the best of times
I know that some things are broken beyond repair
Like the broken china in the aftermath

So I guess this is where the line has to be drawn
Not just a toe dragged across the sand
We should lay the pieces of our love to rest
Like the broken china in the aftermath

No comments:

Post a Comment