Saturday 9 March 2013

The Last Mistake


I think the last mistake was the worst to make
Anyway
It is done, over, I have to move on
Or be crushed by the past

I am sure that last mistake will break my back
But still
It is done with, it is over and I have to
Put it behind me

I have to swap the shoulder under which my burden’s carried
Have to look up and see the blue sky
No regrets they say, and yet, within this emptiness I feel
I know that “no regrets” is just a lie

I think the last mistake was too easy to make
Anyway
It is done, over, I have to learn not to say
What is on my mind

Am certain that the last mistake will be the last I make
I am determined
To set it right next time, I must not compromise
Or walk someone else’s line

I have to measure myself and know my worth
I have to fight in order to survive
No regrets they say, and yet, no sooner had I said it
I knew “I love you” was just a lie

No comments:

Post a Comment