Sunday 19 May 2013

Moonlight

The moonlight playing tricks again
Reflecting in your eyes, making them dark pools
I want to plunge like a diver deep inside
But am unsure of what, once inside, I will find

Come now, take it easy, we have tonight at least
And night time is as good as any other time to make things right
We have the stars on the dark canopy of sky
And with their soft celestial music, we can dance under the moonlight

The moonlight playing games again
Twisting our words, deeper shades of blurred meaning
Yes, I want to look inside, deep inside, temptation strong
But I only hold back because I have waited for this so long

Come now, take it slowly, we have all night, we have forever
And night time is as good as any other time to make things right
We have the planets at our whim revolving around us
And the soft heartbeat of distant galaxies as we dance under the moonlight

Tell me you never wanted more than this
This is where you want to be
Safe in heaven's arms again
Safe here with me
No longer at the mercy of that unruly sun
Presiding over his daylight kingdom
Iron sceptred demi-god
Frowning upon our freedom

Let us dance under the stars
Because we know that this is right
Under the spirals of turning galaxies
Under the spectral glowing moonlight



No comments:

Post a Comment