Monday 10 June 2013

Cows

Chew your cud, honey.
You know you’ve earned my money.
This time together will be our last,
I promise the end will come fast.

But I’m not the first to misuse you
And I won’t be the last to abuse you.
Know, my girl, I’ll never see you again,
Your subtle magic won’t wreck my brain.

The teasing plying of your trade,
The mask of your façade,
The gum in your mouth, the cud,
The passion burning in your blood.

To graze on the money of the lonely man
Pastures of the rotten and the damned
You can low and call out all you want
But with one taste on your lips you can’t stop

And the world becomes your pasture
And you move on without a master
Through paddock and desolate barn
From city street to country farm.

With your knock-kneed walk, the high heeled shuffle
Your pouting lips, cigarette clenched, duck’s waddle.
You’re the epitome of the pathetic,
Your life is not so hectic
That you can break houses in two, for the life of you
I know it, girl, and you know it too…

So, chew your cud, honey.
You know you’ve earned my money.
This time together will be our last,

I promise the end will come fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment