Friday 26 July 2013

I've Just Seen A Face

I’ve just seen a face,
staring at me through the rain.
And through my clouded thoughts and crowded fears,
I wonder if I’ll ever see her again.
At night I lay, and for most of the day,
I’ve got her on my mind.
It’s hard to say, why am I feeling this way
am I just wasting my time?

You’re hiding in the shadows,
but I can still see your eyes.
Been trying to say some words to you;
God knows how hard I’ve tried.
But my tongue feels like a lump of wood
and my lips refuse to move
and any word I manage to say
leaves me feeling like a fool.

If I could only tell you I loved you
and would give you my heart.
And for you to say you loved me too
that would at least make a start.
It would all have been so easy
if I had just closed my eyes,
instead of walking away from you
pretending I was blind.

And now you’re turning your head away.
And I can’t stop thinking of you.
Though I’ve only just seen your face,

I know I’m in love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment