Tuesday 10 September 2013

Will you be there for me?

If I find myself flailing
These useless things I never said
Would you throw me a lifesaver
Before I am in over my head?
And if two wrongs don't make a right
After all is said and done,
Would you be the rock of sanity
Can you make me bite my tongue?

Sometimes silence is golden
If for the beating of my heart
Nature's song and the soft sigh of the ocean
Will you be there for me?

And in a day's tired reflection
Tossed upon the wild seas
If you find me wretched and ruined
Could you give me what I need?

Some days, it is easier, I know, to turn the other way, and run
Instead of racing to the glory of the morning,
It's easier to chase to setting sun

Like the drowning man clutching at the teasing straws
As if that is all life has to give
It takes a real man to surrender to his conscience
When it is only himself he has to forgive

And sometimes silence is golden
If not for the beating of my heart
Nature's song and the soft sigh of the ocean
Will you be there for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment