Thursday 10 October 2013

Eulogy of a dream

Into the breach, bereft of words
Cloud bursts dark and grey
Of endless dreams, of dreams, disillusion
My mind is stripped away

Of all the thoughts I held so dear
This candle I once held for you
See it splutter and bend in the cold wind
Where once I believed my dreams were true

Now I hold onto nothing,
This cruel twist of fate, anon
The bed of roses gathers dagger thorns
My heart becomes a stone

Time may not be my enemy,
But is certainly no friend
One final glance over my burning shoulders
Before I greet the end

Once I held onto my dreams
Hoping that they'd come true
Only upon waking, the cold, grey morning
Knowing I'm nothing to you

Of all the thoughts I held so dear
This candle once burned for you
My folly conjures nightmares now
Where once I believed my dreams were true

No comments:

Post a Comment