Sunday 2 March 2014

Please

Take my heart, now. Take it in love
Hold onto it... tight... so tight
This empty vessel, unfeeling jar
That is the straw, my broken back

Pilot of the four winds
No destination... at a loss
Heartless and void
My weakness, in my strength

No absolution

Don't batter your eyelids
Don't smile
Please
Keep the treasures for me
Don't raise your eyes
Please, you're mine...
Please

Please

Please?

I won't cry
I have been here before
My boots are wanting... wanting
Out the door

Left foot, right foot
A single line
Bag over my shoulder
Another time

I saw you
I heard you...
...whisper his name

When we made love
It wasn't me
You were thinking of

Please

Tell me it's not true

Please

Love me like I love you...

Please

Please

Please?

The final hour
My head is swimming
The thirty second floor
Will I have time
To count the lies
Before I end this fall

No comments:

Post a Comment