Friday 25 April 2014

Whatever Happens

i.

Whatever happens
I made that promise, forever
And no other dotted line, or bonds and shackles
Will turn me aside
Or shatter this covenant
That I have given you

Should the world be broken
Torn asunder, by violent fevered hands
In fits of rage or spite
Hold true that promise, made forever
This golden covenant
To forever hold true

This is my promise, my absolution
When the world overwhelms and crowds around me
And I should retreat to hide somewhere, alone
Know that once the storm is over
And with the return of clear blue skies
That I will come and find you

Whatever happens
I make that promise,
The promise... forever

ii.

Here I am and there you are so far away from me
Looking up into the darkened heavens
Wondering if it's the same moon you see

The stars appear to wink, slyly preoccupied in their space
Of whirling galaxies, detached observers
Fixing me to this place

I count the miles from here to there, from the map on the wall
Trace the highways, and with my finger, fly
And in my dreams I hear you call...

I want to swim in the depth of your eyes
And glide on the width of your smile
I want to paint dreams on the walls of your mind

Want to lay down here with you for a while

I want you to feel safe in my loving embrace
And feel together when we are apart
I want to give the entire world to you
At least the part I am on for a start

I want to be your everything
Making daisy chain tokens of love
I want to be there through joy and despair
To be higher than the sky above

Oh, can’t you see
This is meant to be
A harmony for
Two angels to sing

             
iii.

There is nowhere to run and nowhere to hide
And no way to turn off these feelings that
I hold inside

You're the vision in my mind, you are there in my dreams
All that holds me together as the world
Falls apart at its seams

If there is one absolute truth, then let it be this
Your light shall guide me, forever
To the safe harbour of your kiss

And as the sun sets on this day
And I slowly close my eyes
And as the visions from the darkness play
I know how much I've always wanted this

And while the sea between us lies
Beyond our out stretched fingertips
I count the seconds until that first touch
I know I've always wanted this...

Whatever happens between now and then
We will steel our resolve, whisper down the line
Again... and again

And while Time now seems an enemy, a dearth
Maybe Time is just a friend in disguise
Waiting with the patience of the Earth

Whatever happens
I make that promise,
The promise... forever

...forever

No comments:

Post a Comment